I am a full time birth doula. This is my passion and my purpose.
Over the past 10 years I have supported hundreds of women in preparation and birth in Australia and overseas.
My approach and expertise in pregnancy and the birthing experience is unique. This is demonstrated through my extensive education and experience combined with a thorough understanding and passion for OMP practices and education, yoga practice, meditation and breathing exercises.
My personal style and experience has enabled me to develop excellent working relationships with Obstetricians and Midwives in private and public hospitals and home birth. I am able to create synergy between clinical care providers and womens birthing wishes, which enables me to be a strong advocate for women particularly when they feel most vulnerable. I take pride in bringing the whole birthing support team together to help achieve the best possible outcome for the mother (her partner) and baby.
I am one of a handful of Sydney Doulas recommend by She Births, the scientifically certified and internationally recognised Child Birth education program.
My goal is to work with mothers to prepare their body and mind for the ultimate experience of giving birth.
My testimonials speak for themselves.
I am Sydney’s first, and only, OMP birth educator.
My journey to become a birth educator and Optimal Maternal Positioning (OMP) specialist came from an interest in understanding how babies move through the pelvis and how that facilitates or stalls the progression of the labour.
OMP is not just about me having this amazing knowledge, its about teaching women and partners to have a depth of understanding of the mechanics of birth, a birthing woman’s body, the journey your baby takes and how to be hands on to really make a difference to Birth outcomes in any environment.
Pregnancy yoga + birth education classes.
In my Sunday morning Yoga Classes I welcome women from 12 weeks pregnant and take them through to birth (sometimes women in early latent labour join in class, so beautiful).
My prenatal yoga classes incorporate:
- 10 minute birth education / preparation topic
- a physical practice
- specialised meditation
- hypnobirthing affirmations in practice
- calm birth practice
- pranayama (breathing techniques)
- how to use vocal sound in birth
- active birthing preparation and postures
Guest Speaking + Media
I have appeared in numerous media publications and podcasts. If you would like me to present or speak at your organisation or community group, please get in touch.
Yoga Institute of Australia
- Diploma of Yoga Teacher Training – 1500hrs
- Post Graduate Pre & Post Natal Yoga Teacher Training – 50hrs (completed whilst pregnant)
- Leslie Kaminoff – Bandah’s & Breathing Practices – 20hrs
- Leslie Kaminoff – Yoga Anatomy – 20hrs
Australian Doula College
- Diploma of Birth & Post Natal Doula Training
4 Trimesters Singapore
- Optimal Maternal Positioning Ambassador Training – Ginny Phang
- Optimal Maternal Positioning Educator Training – Ginny Phang
Spinning Babies USA
- Spinning Babies Ambassador Training – Gail Tully
- Diploma of iRest Meditation Practitioner Training
Why Induction Matters
- Workshop for understanding impacts and PHD researching on the impact of Induction on Australian birthing culture
- Pranayama (Breathing Practices) Practitioner Training
Teaching + Sharing Knowledge
University of NSW
Each year, I present to second year medical students at the University of NSW.
It is an honour to highlight to trainee Doctors the importance of the birthing experience for the Mother.
As a proud member of the teaching faculty of the Yoga Institute, I mentor teacher trainees through the Pregnancy and Post Natal Post Graduate program.